Saturday, August 11, 2007

We Completed the Great Loop

Here I am changing the color of the AGLCA burgee. The gold burgee is the one you fly once you have completed the loop. We ran 5,775 miles, went thru 108 locks and logged over 500 hours on the water in 11 months and a week.









This is what it looks like to cross the lake at night. BTW, four miles from North Point Marina and had to run on only one engine. Contact me for the details.


This is not the ghost of Lake Michigan, it's Dieter at three in the morning, shot with an IR camera.



This is how we like to see Lake Michigan. We headed into Saugatuck for a day.
As we left Muskegon we saw the fast ferry that goes between here and Milwaukee.

It looks like a good day to cross the lake. The rainbow looks like it's pointing to IL.



Since the "Susan Darlene" is now flying the Gold burgee this blog should be over. But I could share pictures I took when Dieter and I ran down the river system to Springbrook. There are some interesting tales there also. I need to know if anyone is really reading this blog. Send me an email to skismx5@comcast.com if you want to see them and I'll email you that edition of the blog. If I get enough response I'll just post it. Please let me know if this blog was worth the work I put into it.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ski,
The RABB's have been reading your blog!!! Lots of nice pictures, very interesting. :)

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been reading your blog periodically and following your reports in squadron newsletter. Looking forward to doing the same trip myself.

Greg Kelso
Land of Lincoln PS

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Someday........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home